Common Maintenance Procedures for Your Maybach
As part of the Mercedes family, Maybach vehicles are known for being luxury vehicles with highly-rated comfort, performance, and technology. In order to maintain your Maybach’s sophisticated features, it is important to have your vehicle regularly serviced and maintenanced as recommended by your vehicle’s manufacturer.
Important Maintenance Procedures You Should Schedule
It is important to schedule regular inspections and maintenance for your vehicle, so that any issues it may be experiencing are caught early and fixed before it can majorly affect your vehicle’s performance. Some of the most common maintenance procedures you should have regularly scheduled for your model include:
- Replace your Maybach’s battery every 3-5 years. The length of your battery’s life depends on the vehicle’s driving conditions. Shorter drives and extreme temperatures can reduce the length of time your battery lasts.
- Regularly schedule an oil change after every 5,000 miles. Oil changes are important to keep your car’s engine running smoothly. You may need to have your vehicle’s oil changed more frequently if you carry heavy loads, drive through dusty areas, or drive primarily at low speeds. If your Maybach is not due for a regularly scheduled oil change, but you hear the engine making a knocking sound, smell oil, or notice an increased amount of exhaust, then you should still bring your car in for an oil change.
- Inspection of steering and suspension system every 15,000 miles. The steering and suspension system is responsible for keeping your drive smooth and allows you to better control your vehicle on bumpy or uneven terrain. After inspection you may find your steering suspension system is in need of some services, such as the power steering fluid changed, a wheel alignment, and parts replacements.
- Inspect your Maybach’s cooling systems every 15,000 miles. This includes both the engine’s cooling system and the air conditioning system. During this inspection, technicians will look for leaks and damaged, worn, or malfunctioning In addition, they may flush out any old fluids and replace them with fresh, clean fluids.
- Change the transmission fluid every 30,000-60,000 miles with inspection. Your Maybach’s transmission transfers the power from the engine to the wheels. Over time, transmission fluid becomes thicker and is unable to properly lubricate the transmission. If you notice your vehicle is jumping, grinding, shaking, or has a burning smell or whistling sound, then you should bring it in for an inspection sooner.
The Importance of Regularly-Scheduled Maintenance
Without regularly-scheduled maintenance, your vehicle is guaranteed to have reduced performance and may be at risk of expensive damages. Putting off replacing your Maybach’s battery until it dies could leave you stranded. If you don’t have your vehicle’s oil changed regularly, your vehicle could run low on oil and the engine may overheat and fail. Without a properly maintained steering and suspension system, your drives may feel rougher as your vehicle does not handle bumps as well and may sway to one side.
Regular service for your vehicle’s cooling system is vital to keeping your engine from overheating and failing which could leave you stranded and lead to expensive repairs. Having the vehicle’s air conditioning system regularly serviced allows you and your passengers to drive comfortably without worrying about driving on hot days without A/C. If you don’t have your vehicle’s transmission fluid regularly changed you could be looking at reduced gas mileage and your transmission may fail due to grinding caused by a lack of lubrication.
All of your vehicle’s parts play an important role in its ability to operate and transport you and your passengers safely, so regular maintenance is key to keeping your vehicle in top condition.
Complete Automotive Systems
At Complete Automotive Systems, located in Los Angeles, California, our expert technicians are trained and certified to specialize in European vehicles, such as Maybach. As a family-owned and operated business, we treat our customers with fantastic service by providing dealership-level service at a great value.
If you are in Los Angeles, Beverly Hills, Santa Monica, Brentwood, or Culver City, California, and your car is in need of its regular maintenance or if it is showing signs of needing repairs, schedule an appointment with Complete Automotive Systems today for a fantastic automotive service experience you can trust.
* Maybach Car image credit goes to: AdrianHancu.